Coba: Mayan Encounter Adventure Full Day Tour
Take off from Cancún or the Mayan Riviera for a day of cultural experiences, beautiful scenery, and adventure. Visit the archaeological site of Coba and discover the amazing Nohoch Muul before rappelling into the jungle and swimming in cenotes.
Are you a business owner in Cancun?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Cancun.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the majestic 9th-century archeological site of Coba
- Enjoy a refreshing dip in the crystal clear fresh water cenotes
- Go canoeing through a tranquil fresh water lagoon
- Take part in an authentic blessing ceremony with a Mayan Shaman
- Have an authentic Mayan feast of chicken with traditional Mayan ingredients.
- Take a hiking tour through the jungles of the Yucatan Peninsula
DescriptionHead to the archaeological site of Coba, and discover the amazing Nohoch Muul pyramid, the tallest in the Yucatan Peninsula, on this full-day adventure tour from Cancún or the Mayan Riviera. Start with a visit to a secluded Mayan village to experience the local culture and way of life, and to enjoy the region’s beautiful natural surroundings. After a short hike through the jungle, you’ll learn how to rappel into cenotes (deep natural pits or sinkholes), which are one of region’s most beautiful sights. After taking a refreshing dip in the cenotes' crystal clear water, experience the thrill of flying through the pristine rainforest on a zip-line. Then set out on a gentle canoe trip through a peaceful fresh water lagoon, and take in more of the exquisite natural surroundings. From there, meet more of the local population and join a blessing ceremony that a Maya Shaman will perform for you. Afterwards, enjoy an authentic Mayan meal including chicken cooked with traditional Mayan ingredients, as well as empanadas and hand-made tortillas. Finally, take a 2-hour tour of Cobá, a majestic archeological site from the 9th Century featuring the region's oldest and most important Mayan treasures. Visit its temples and the legendary ball game area, and follow hiking paths to reach the Nohoch Muul pyramid (the tallest in the Yucatan Peninsula). From the top, you'll enjoy a wonderful view of the amazing sub-tropical jungle that surrounds the site (bikes rentals are available on-site).
IncludesTransportation Traditional lunch and beverages Entrance fee to Coba Multilingual tour guide All equipment required for activities Towel and lockers Tips for our guides Alcoholic drinks Souvenirs Photographs
- Remember to bring comfortable shoes, wear a bathing suit, and bring extra cash or a credit card for souvenirs and photos
- This expedition is not suitable for people with disabilities, or people who suffer from heart, respiratory, or back problems. It is also not recommended for pregnant women or individuals weighing over 264 pounds (120 kg)
- Children under 6 years old cannot participate
- People under the influence of alcohol or other substances will not be allowed to participate on this expedition
- For safety reasons, hands should be kept free, the use of cameras and recording devices (including cell phones, or tablets) is not allowed, except for 'action cam' (Go Pro) style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion
- This expedition operates under all weather conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Tulum Xtreme - Culture and adventure tour in Riviera Maya
Combine culture with adventure on this exciting tour of the Riviera Maya. Ride the fastest zip line circuit in the region across the jungle, explore the depths of a cenot10 ReviewsFrom MX$2,490.78
Scenic Flight at Sunset
Experience a magical sunset in Cancun from the sky on this 30-minute flight. Head to the skies on a tour that circles Cancun and the surrounding area. Enjoy phenomenal viFrom MX$2,427.25
Dinner On Board the Jolly Roger Pirate Ship
Meet Pirate Morgan and his reckless crew aboard the Jolly Roger during a 3.5-hour pirate show and dinner in Cancun. Enjoy views of the bay between Cancun and Isla Mujeres2 ReviewsFrom MX$1,930.83
Cenotes Oasis Day Tour from Cancún & Riviera Maya
Take a full-day excursion to 4 different kinds of cenotes in natural surroundings. At each cenote, take part in a different activity, ranging from kayaking and rappelling16 ReviewsFrom MX$2,316.81
Cancún Whale Shark 7-Day Adventure Tour
Swim with a whale shark, the largest fish in the ocean. Snorkel with turtles on the biggest reef in Mexico. Discover much more of the Mexican fauna and flora by exploringFrom MX$30,796.81
- Best Seller
Isla Contoy and Isla Mujeres: Paradise Islands Combo Tour
Discover 2 of the most beautiful islands of the Yucatan Peninsula on a speedboat tour to Isla Contoy and Isla Mujeres. Look for nesting birds in the protected reserve of39 ReviewsFrom MX$2,683.86
Xcaret Park Tickets: Full-Day Riviera Maya Trip
Visit the number 1 attraction in the Riviera Maya at the Xcaret Park and enjoy the cultural traditions of Mexico. Explore underground rivers, and enjoy sights such as the20 ReviewsFrom MX$1,930.64
Playa Del Carmen Full-Day ATV Adventure
Enjoy the perfect mixture of culture and adventure as you tour one of the most amazing archeological sites overlooking the Caribbean.From MX$2,297.69
ATV Ride and Secret Caves Tour from Playa del Carmen
Visit and explore a cenote and an underground river. Drive a single or shared ATV. Enjoy a program that takes you away from Playa del Carmen into the heart of the Yucatan16 ReviewsFrom MX$1,351.58
2-Hour Luxury Private Sunset Yacht Excursion
See the sun set over Cancun from a new, romantic perspective on a luxury 2-hour private yacht excursion. Join a loved one or a group of friends for this relaxing cruise o1 ReviewsFrom MX$11,565.70