Coba: Mayan Encounter Adventure Full Day Tour
Take off from Cancún or the Mayan Riviera for a day of cultural experiences, beautiful scenery, and adventure. Visit the archaeological site of Coba and discover the amazing Nohoch Muul before rappelling into the jungle and swimming in cenotes.
Are you a business owner in Cancun?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Cancun.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the majestic 9th-century archeological site of Coba
- Enjoy a refreshing dip in the crystal clear fresh water cenotes
- Go canoeing through a tranquil fresh water lagoon
- Take part in an authentic blessing ceremony with a Mayan Shaman
- Have an authentic Mayan feast of chicken with traditional Mayan ingredients.
- Take a hiking tour through the jungles of the Yucatan Peninsula
DescriptionHead to the archaeological site of Coba, and discover the amazing Nohoch Muul pyramid, the tallest in the Yucatan Peninsula, on this full-day adventure tour from Cancún or the Mayan Riviera. Start with a visit to a secluded Mayan village to experience the local culture and way of life, and to enjoy the region’s beautiful natural surroundings. After a short hike through the jungle, you’ll learn how to rappel into cenotes (deep natural pits or sinkholes), which are one of region’s most beautiful sights. After taking a refreshing dip in the cenotes' crystal clear water, experience the thrill of flying through the pristine rainforest on a zip-line. Then set out on a gentle canoe trip through a peaceful fresh water lagoon, and take in more of the exquisite natural surroundings. From there, meet more of the local population and join a blessing ceremony that a Maya Shaman will perform for you. Afterwards, enjoy an authentic Mayan meal including chicken cooked with traditional Mayan ingredients, as well as empanadas and hand-made tortillas. Finally, take a 2-hour tour of Cobá, a majestic archeological site from the 9th Century featuring the region's oldest and most important Mayan treasures. Visit its temples and the legendary ball game area, and follow hiking paths to reach the Nohoch Muul pyramid (the tallest in the Yucatan Peninsula). From the top, you'll enjoy a wonderful view of the amazing sub-tropical jungle that surrounds the site (bikes rentals are available on-site).
IncludesTransportation Traditional lunch and beverages Entrance fee to Coba Multilingual tour guide All equipment required for activities Towel and lockers Tips for our guides Alcoholic drinks Souvenirs Photographs
- Remember to bring comfortable shoes, wear a bathing suit, and bring extra cash or a credit card for souvenirs and photos
- This expedition is not suitable for people with disabilities, or people who suffer from heart, respiratory, or back problems. It is also not recommended for pregnant women or individuals weighing over 264 pounds (120 kg)
- Children under 6 years old cannot participate
- People under the influence of alcohol or other substances will not be allowed to participate on this expedition
- For safety reasons, hands should be kept free, the use of cameras and recording devices (including cell phones, or tablets) is not allowed, except for 'action cam' (Go Pro) style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion
- This expedition operates under all weather conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
From Private Sian Ka'an Adventure Tour
Join this new daily tour to the amazing natural reserve of Sian Ka'an, near Tulum in the south of the Riviera Maya. Enjoy a refreshing day and relax your senses at this iFrom MX$12,453.88
- Best Seller
Chichén Itzá, Valladolid and Hubiku Cenote Day-Trip
Spend the day exploring the well-preserved ruins at Chichén Itzá. Gaze up at the steps of the Kukulkan Pyramid, go for a refreshing swim in a spectacular underground ce10 ReviewsFrom MX$965.42
Tulum and Tankah Cenotes Eco-Adventure Tour
Enjoy the Mayan history at Tulum, the only archaeological zone in the area with views of the sea, then go on a hike through the exuberant jungle and learn about the endem14 ReviewsFrom MX$2,317.00
Full-Day Private Coba Sunset Colors Tour with Lunch
Enclosed within the forest, this archaeological site will amaze you. While ascending to the top, the sunset colors will fill your senses. Enjoy a unique tour with lunch aFrom MX$1,660.52
Chichen Itzá Discovery Half-Day Tour
Explore the mysteries of the Mayan civilization on a half-day tour to Chichen Itzá and benefit from a service that is ideal for those with limited time. Enjoy a boxed1 ReviewsFrom MX$1,718.44
- Best Seller
Holbox Island Tour with Transfer Options
Spend a full day on one of the Mexican Caribbean's most beautiful islands. On this trip to Holbox Island go to picturesque spots by golf cart and enjoy the shallow waters55 ReviewsFrom MX$2,452.16
Chichen Itza Tour Light and Sound Show with Cenote Ikkil
Experience the archaeological site of Chichen Itza from different perspectives and see the amazing pyramid temples and other monuments by day and at the evening Light and4 ReviewsFrom MX$3,842.36
Cancun Airport Semi Private Transfer
Airport Shared Shuttle to all Major Hotels. Now you don’t have to waste your vacation time at Cancun International Airport!5 ReviewsFrom MX$424.78
Riviera Maya: Access to Xplor with Express Transportation
Your tour will begin at dawn with an express transportation to the best adventure park in Riviera Maya: Xplor, a ride full of adrenaline just a few meters from the cosmopFrom MX$4,208.25
Two-Reef Snorkeling Experience from Cancun
Enjoy a half-day snorkeling adventure from Cancun, exploring the second-longest coral barrier reef on the planet. Visit two spectacular reef sites.1 ReviewsFrom MX$1,332.28