Coba: Mayan Encounter Adventure Full Day Tour
Take off from Cancún or the Mayan Riviera for a day of cultural experiences, beautiful scenery, and adventure. Visit the archaeological site of Coba and discover the amazing Nohoch Muul before rappelling into the jungle and swimming in cenotes.
Are you a business owner in Cancun?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Cancun.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the majestic 9th-century archeological site of Coba
- Enjoy a refreshing dip in the crystal clear fresh water cenotes
- Go canoeing through a tranquil fresh water lagoon
- Take part in an authentic blessing ceremony with a Mayan Shaman
- Have an authentic Mayan feast of chicken with traditional Mayan ingredients.
- Take a hiking tour through the jungles of the Yucatan Peninsula
DescriptionHead to the archaeological site of Coba, and discover the amazing Nohoch Muul pyramid, the tallest in the Yucatan Peninsula, on this full-day adventure tour from Cancún or the Mayan Riviera. Start with a visit to a secluded Mayan village to experience the local culture and way of life, and to enjoy the region’s beautiful natural surroundings. After a short hike through the jungle, you’ll learn how to rappel into cenotes (deep natural pits or sinkholes), which are one of region’s most beautiful sights. After taking a refreshing dip in the cenotes' crystal clear water, experience the thrill of flying through the pristine rainforest on a zip-line. Then set out on a gentle canoe trip through a peaceful fresh water lagoon, and take in more of the exquisite natural surroundings. From there, meet more of the local population and join a blessing ceremony that a Maya Shaman will perform for you. Afterwards, enjoy an authentic Mayan meal including chicken cooked with traditional Mayan ingredients, as well as empanadas and hand-made tortillas. Finally, take a 2-hour tour of Cobá, a majestic archeological site from the 9th Century featuring the region's oldest and most important Mayan treasures. Visit its temples and the legendary ball game area, and follow hiking paths to reach the Nohoch Muul pyramid (the tallest in the Yucatan Peninsula). From the top, you'll enjoy a wonderful view of the amazing sub-tropical jungle that surrounds the site (bikes rentals are available on-site).
IncludesTransportation Traditional lunch and beverages Entrance fee to Coba Multilingual tour guide All equipment required for activities Towel and lockers Tips for our guides Alcoholic drinks Souvenirs Photographs
- Remember to bring comfortable shoes, wear a bathing suit, and bring extra cash or a credit card for souvenirs and photos
- This expedition is not suitable for people with disabilities, or people who suffer from heart, respiratory, or back problems. It is also not recommended for pregnant women or individuals weighing over 264 pounds (120 kg)
- Children under 6 years old cannot participate
- People under the influence of alcohol or other substances will not be allowed to participate on this expedition
- For safety reasons, hands should be kept free, the use of cameras and recording devices (including cell phones, or tablets) is not allowed, except for 'action cam' (Go Pro) style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion
- This expedition operates under all weather conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
From Chichen-Itzá, Coba, Ik-Kil, and Valladolid
Enjoy an exclusive small-group tour guided by a professional certified guide. Visit Chicehn-Itza, enjoy views of Coba, swim in Ik-Kil, taste tequila at a tequila factory3 ReviewsFrom MX$3,572.04
Ek Balam, Rio Lagartos, and Tequila Private Tour
Explore the recently excavated ruins of Ek Balam, a Mayan city full of carvings, tombs, wall paintings, and mysteries. Visit a tequila factory for a tasting, enjoy lunch,From MX$2,529.39
From Cancun and Riviera Maya Whale Shark Snorkeling
Look for whale sharks in their natural environment on an amazing snorkeling tour off the coast of Isla Contoy. Get up close to the magnificent marine life, and then swimFrom MX$3,842.36
Xel-Ha Park All-Inclusive Admission with Transportation
Experience the natural beauty of Xel-Ha Park. Visit its open-sea aquarium, ecological attractions, and other amazing sights with your day ticket.2 ReviewsFrom MX$2,876.94
Xel-Há Park: All-Inclusive Day Ticket from Riviera Maya
Xel-Há Park is a natural wonder and a snorkeler’s paradise filled with fun activities. If you love nature, there's no better place to practice snorkeling and spend tim6 ReviewsFrom MX$2,316.81
Rio Secreto and Tulum: Full Day Tour
Book this full-day combination package that features a mix of culture and adventure. Visit the world-famous Mayan site of Tulum, at the edge of the turquoise waters of th4 ReviewsFrom MX$4,054.75
Scenic Flight at Sunset
Experience a magical sunset in Cancun from the sky on this 30-minute flight. Head to the skies on a tour that circles Cancun and the surrounding area. Enjoy phenomenal viFrom MX$2,427.25
Food Hoppers 2.5-Hour Tour in Playa del Carmen
Enjoy local food on a guided tour that takes you off the tourist track in Playa del Carmen. Taste delicious dishes at 8 stops, savoring cochinita pibil, carnitas, ice cre2 ReviewsFrom MX$1,255.04
Turtles and Cenotes Tour
Swim with 3 different species of sea turtles in their natural environment on a tour from Cancun and the Riviera Maya hotels. See a great variety of tropical fish and then14 ReviewsFrom MX$1,718.44
Xcaret 'Plus' Tour: Transfers from Riviera Maya
Visit the number 1 attraction in the Riviera Maya at Xcaret Park and enjoy the cultural traditions of Mexico. Get round-trip transfers from Cancun to explore underground13 ReviewsFrom MX$3,089.14