Full-Day Rio Secreto Small Group Tour
Deep beneath Mexican soil lies an ancient Mayan cave of meandering rivers and dramatic rock formations, just waiting for your discovery. Rio Secreto tours are led by an experienced guide, and include lunch and air-conditioned transport.
Are you a business owner in Cancun?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Cancun.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Once-in-a-lifetime glimpse of the Mayan underworld only discovered in 1996
- Air conditioned pick-up and drop-off transportation included
- Light lunch provided
DescriptionBe immersed in an ancient world of stalactites and stalagmites. Roam the labyrinths of dramatic rock formations and tranquil waters. The Rio Secreto (Secret River) is a hidden underground network of rivers and caves. An air-conditioned mini-van collects you from your hotel from 7:20 and takes you to Rio Secreto. Here you will meet your expertly trained guide and receive a wetsuit, wet shoes, a lamp and a helmet to get you ready for your adventure. From here, enter the caves, where for 600 meters you will be free to walk, swim and enjoy the enchanting beauty of your surroundings with the supervision of your guide. Furthermore, with a maximum of 10 people per tour, you can be ensured a quiet tour experience free from outside distractions. The tours in Rio Secreto are organized so that no two tours happening at the same time will meet underground. After approximately 1.5 hours you will be taken back to ground level and treated to a light lunch of delicious local food. Choose the green salsa if your taste buds like it hot! This is a chance for you to relax amongst the serene jungle habitat and reflect upon your experience in the caves. After this you may wash and change before being transported back to your hotel.
IncludesRound-trip air-conditioned transportation from your hotel Wet suit, life jacket, helmet, wet shoes, lamp Guides Light lunch Towels, bathrooms, showers, hammocks Photographs Souveniers Tips
- The tour is organized for small groups of up to 10 people, for adults and children at least 4 years old.
- Participants must be able to walk without assistance and weigh less than 120 kg/250Ibs.
- The following items must be kept inside the lockers provided: hats, glasses, sandals that are not secured at the ankle, watches, jewelry, cameras, band-aids, backpacks and handbags. •You must reconfirm your tour at least 48 hours in advance
- All nature reserve programs operate in all weathers, therefore no refunds wil be given due to poor weather conditions.
- Changes in the time or date of the tour will have no cost whatsoever, subject to availability. If you wish to make a change in your reservation, personally contact the reservations center 48 hours prior to the tour date, since the tour cannot accept instructions from third parties, hotels, travel agencies or car rental agencies.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 1 Day and 22 Hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
From Chichen-Itzá, Coba, Ik-Kil, and Valladolid
Enjoy an exclusive small-group tour guided by a professional certified guide. Visit Chicehn-Itza, enjoy views of Coba, swim in Ik-Kil, taste tequila at a tequila factory3 ReviewsFrom MX$3,572.04
Ek Balam, Rio Lagartos, and Tequila Private Tour
Explore the recently excavated ruins of Ek Balam, a Mayan city full of carvings, tombs, wall paintings, and mysteries. Visit a tequila factory for a tasting, enjoy lunch,From MX$2,529.39
From Cancun and Riviera Maya Whale Shark Snorkeling
Look for whale sharks in their natural environment on an amazing snorkeling tour off the coast of Isla Contoy. Get up close to the magnificent marine life, and then swimFrom MX$3,842.36
Xel-Ha Park All-Inclusive Admission with Transportation
Experience the natural beauty of Xel-Ha Park. Visit its open-sea aquarium, ecological attractions, and other amazing sights with your day ticket.2 ReviewsFrom MX$2,876.94
Xel-Há Park: All-Inclusive Day Ticket from Riviera Maya
Xel-Há Park is a natural wonder and a snorkeler’s paradise filled with fun activities. If you love nature, there's no better place to practice snorkeling and spend tim6 ReviewsFrom MX$2,316.81
Rio Secreto and Tulum: Full Day Tour
Book this full-day combination package that features a mix of culture and adventure. Visit the world-famous Mayan site of Tulum, at the edge of the turquoise waters of th4 ReviewsFrom MX$4,054.75
Scenic Flight at Sunset
Experience a magical sunset in Cancun from the sky on this 30-minute flight. Head to the skies on a tour that circles Cancun and the surrounding area. Enjoy phenomenal viFrom MX$2,427.25
Food Hoppers 2.5-Hour Tour in Playa del Carmen
Enjoy local food on a guided tour that takes you off the tourist track in Playa del Carmen. Taste delicious dishes at 8 stops, savoring cochinita pibil, carnitas, ice cre2 ReviewsFrom MX$1,255.04
Turtles and Cenotes Tour
Swim with 3 different species of sea turtles in their natural environment on a tour from Cancun and the Riviera Maya hotels. See a great variety of tropical fish and then14 ReviewsFrom MX$1,718.44
Xcaret 'Plus' Tour: Transfers from Riviera Maya
Visit the number 1 attraction in the Riviera Maya at Xcaret Park and enjoy the cultural traditions of Mexico. Get round-trip transfers from Cancun to explore underground13 ReviewsFrom MX$3,089.14