Full-Day Rio Secreto Small Group Tour
Deep beneath Mexican soil lies an ancient Mayan cave of meandering rivers and dramatic rock formations, just waiting for your discovery. Rio Secreto tours are led by an experienced guide, and include lunch and air-conditioned transport.
Are you a business owner in Cancun?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Cancun.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Once-in-a-lifetime glimpse of the Mayan underworld only discovered in 1996
- Air conditioned pick-up and drop-off transportation included
- Light lunch provided
DescriptionBe immersed in an ancient world of stalactites and stalagmites. Roam the labyrinths of dramatic rock formations and tranquil waters. The Rio Secreto (Secret River) is a hidden underground network of rivers and caves. An air-conditioned mini-van collects you from your hotel from 7:20 and takes you to Rio Secreto. Here you will meet your expertly trained guide and receive a wetsuit, wet shoes, a lamp and a helmet to get you ready for your adventure. From here, enter the caves, where for 600 meters you will be free to walk, swim and enjoy the enchanting beauty of your surroundings with the supervision of your guide. Furthermore, with a maximum of 10 people per tour, you can be ensured a quiet tour experience free from outside distractions. The tours in Rio Secreto are organized so that no two tours happening at the same time will meet underground. After approximately 1.5 hours you will be taken back to ground level and treated to a light lunch of delicious local food. Choose the green salsa if your taste buds like it hot! This is a chance for you to relax amongst the serene jungle habitat and reflect upon your experience in the caves. After this you may wash and change before being transported back to your hotel.
IncludesRound-trip air-conditioned transportation from your hotel Wet suit, life jacket, helmet, wet shoes, lamp Guides Light lunch Towels, bathrooms, showers, hammocks Photographs Souveniers Tips
- The tour is organized for small groups of up to 10 people, for adults and children at least 4 years old.
- Participants must be able to walk without assistance and weigh less than 120 kg/250Ibs.
- The following items must be kept inside the lockers provided: hats, glasses, sandals that are not secured at the ankle, watches, jewelry, cameras, band-aids, backpacks and handbags. •You must reconfirm your tour at least 48 hours in advance
- All nature reserve programs operate in all weathers, therefore no refunds wil be given due to poor weather conditions.
- Changes in the time or date of the tour will have no cost whatsoever, subject to availability. If you wish to make a change in your reservation, personally contact the reservations center 48 hours prior to the tour date, since the tour cannot accept instructions from third parties, hotels, travel agencies or car rental agencies.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 1 Day and 22 Hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Snorkeling Experience In Cancun
No matter if it's day or evening, cloudy or sunny, you will be surprised and amazed by the marine beauty on this tour. Visit two completely different ecosystems and explo2 ReviewsFrom MX$1,911.53
Chichen Itza with Private Guide & Transportation
Feel the luxury and comfort of a unique private guided tour to Chichen Itza's Archaeological Site especially designed for you. Begin this activity at your time of choice1 ReviewsFrom MX$9,634.86
Beginners Underwater Museum & Reef Scuba Diving
Enjoy a beginners scuba diving tour off the coast of Isla Mujeres. Participate in quick pool lessons at the Marina in Cancun before heading out into the open water. DiveFrom MX$2,500.00
Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve Full-Day Discovery Tour
Spend a full day exploring the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve. Enjoy a boat ride, swimming and snorkeling and seeing wildlife and birdlife up close.From MX$3,842.36
Tulum Discovery Tour
This half-day tour is the perfect choice if you’d like to experience centuries-old Mayan culture and enjoy stunning views of the Mexican Caribbean. Take a guided tour o20 ReviewsFrom MX$1,255.04
Cancún: Hotel Zone Wildlife Tour
Let your tour guide take you to Nichupte Lagoon and give you an insight into what hides behind the most luxurious hotels in Cancún. On this boat tour, you will be able tFrom MX$2,683.86
Chichen Itza, Hubiku and Ek'Balam Tour
Visit the archaeological sites of Chichen Itza and Ek'Balam to learn more about the ancient beliefs of the Mayan civilization. Cool down with a swim at the sacred sinkhol13 ReviewsFrom MX$2,780.40
ATV and Open Cenote Swim with Transfer Options
This tour was created for the most intrepid adventurers - come ride on single or double ATVs and then take a refreshing dip in the a cenote (sinkhole).2 ReviewsFrom MX$1,351.58
Zipline and Shipwreck Snorkeling Tour
A thrilling day out consisting of zip lining, ropes courses and snorkeling. Following the adventure, you will learn about Mayan culture, before sitting down for an authenFrom MX$1,197.00
Jungle Tour Aquaworld
The Jungle Tour is Cancun’s signature snorkel tour - no one does it better than at Aquaworld!From MX$1,351.58