Full-Day Rio Secreto Small Group Tour
Deep beneath Mexican soil lies an ancient Mayan cave of meandering rivers and dramatic rock formations, just waiting for your discovery. Rio Secreto tours are led by an experienced guide, and include lunch and air-conditioned transport.
Are you a business owner in Cancun?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Cancun.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Once-in-a-lifetime glimpse of the Mayan underworld only discovered in 1996
- Air conditioned pick-up and drop-off transportation included
- Light lunch provided
DescriptionBe immersed in an ancient world of stalactites and stalagmites. Roam the labyrinths of dramatic rock formations and tranquil waters. The Rio Secreto (Secret River) is a hidden underground network of rivers and caves. An air-conditioned mini-van collects you from your hotel from 7:20 and takes you to Rio Secreto. Here you will meet your expertly trained guide and receive a wetsuit, wet shoes, a lamp and a helmet to get you ready for your adventure. From here, enter the caves, where for 600 meters you will be free to walk, swim and enjoy the enchanting beauty of your surroundings with the supervision of your guide. Furthermore, with a maximum of 10 people per tour, you can be ensured a quiet tour experience free from outside distractions. The tours in Rio Secreto are organized so that no two tours happening at the same time will meet underground. After approximately 1.5 hours you will be taken back to ground level and treated to a light lunch of delicious local food. Choose the green salsa if your taste buds like it hot! This is a chance for you to relax amongst the serene jungle habitat and reflect upon your experience in the caves. After this you may wash and change before being transported back to your hotel.
IncludesRound-trip air-conditioned transportation from your hotel Wet suit, life jacket, helmet, wet shoes, lamp Guides Light lunch Towels, bathrooms, showers, hammocks Photographs Souveniers Tips
- The tour is organized for small groups of up to 10 people, for adults and children at least 4 years old.
- Participants must be able to walk without assistance and weigh less than 120 kg/250Ibs.
- The following items must be kept inside the lockers provided: hats, glasses, sandals that are not secured at the ankle, watches, jewelry, cameras, band-aids, backpacks and handbags. •You must reconfirm your tour at least 48 hours in advance
- All nature reserve programs operate in all weathers, therefore no refunds wil be given due to poor weather conditions.
- Changes in the time or date of the tour will have no cost whatsoever, subject to availability. If you wish to make a change in your reservation, personally contact the reservations center 48 hours prior to the tour date, since the tour cannot accept instructions from third parties, hotels, travel agencies or car rental agencies.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 1 Day and 22 Hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Holbox Island Day Trip from Cancun and Riviera Maya
Spend the day on a beautiful island of the Mexican Caribbean on a full-day tour of Holbox Island. Discover a landscape full of surprises off the usual tourist path. Go to6 Reviews
Tulum, ATV, and Open Cenote Tour
Enjoy an 8 hour Tulum, ATV, and natural swimming hole tour through the Tulum region.3 ReviewsFrom MX$1,641.21
Mayan Xtreme - Half Day Adventure Tour in Riviera Maya
For excitement, adventure and beautiful natural surroundings, take part in this tour to see the beautiful Riviera Maya. Including a zip line ride across the jungle as wel5 ReviewsFrom MX$1,911.53
Cancún Whale Shark 7-Day Adventure Tour
Swim with a whale shark, the largest fish in the ocean. Snorkel with turtles on the biggest reef in Mexico. Discover much more of the Mexican fauna and flora by exploringFrom MX$30,796.81
From Cancún: Tulum and Cobá 2-Day Tour
Explore the main archaeological sites of Tulum and Cobá on a 2-day tour from Cancún. Admire the temple ruins of the Mayan cities from the Classic Period, and climb theFrom MX$1,673.26
Rio Lagartos, Las Coloradas and Ek Balam Day Trip
Discover the historic and natural treasures of the Yucatán Peninsula with a visit to a crocodile sanctuary, a boat ride on the pink lagoons of Rio Lagartos and time to s32 ReviewsFrom MX$2,761.09
Xel-Há Park: All-Inclusive Day Ticket from Riviera Maya
Xel-Há Park is a natural wonder and a snorkeler’s paradise filled with fun activities. If you love nature, there's no better place to practice snorkeling and spend tim6 ReviewsFrom MX$2,316.81
Snorkeling Adventure Private Tour
Enjoy the underwater world by snorkeling in three different places in Isla Mujeres National Park. You will sail through the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea until yoFrom MX$23,125.00
ATV Xtreme & Snorkel Experience
Experience the Mayan jungle and have a thrilling adventure riding a Can-am ATV across the jungle.From MX$2,297.69
PADI Open Water Course
Our PADI Open Water Course is an entry level scuba diving course. Through our course you will progress from diving in pools to diving in the Playa del Carmen reef. You wiFrom MX$7,144.09