Full-Day Rio Secreto Small Group Tour
Deep beneath Mexican soil lies an ancient Mayan cave of meandering rivers and dramatic rock formations, just waiting for your discovery. Rio Secreto tours are led by an experienced guide, and include lunch and air-conditioned transport.
Are you a business owner in Cancun?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Cancun.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Once-in-a-lifetime glimpse of the Mayan underworld only discovered in 1996
- Air conditioned pick-up and drop-off transportation included
- Light lunch provided
DescriptionBe immersed in an ancient world of stalactites and stalagmites. Roam the labyrinths of dramatic rock formations and tranquil waters. The Rio Secreto (Secret River) is a hidden underground network of rivers and caves. An air-conditioned mini-van collects you from your hotel from 7:20 and takes you to Rio Secreto. Here you will meet your expertly trained guide and receive a wetsuit, wet shoes, a lamp and a helmet to get you ready for your adventure. From here, enter the caves, where for 600 meters you will be free to walk, swim and enjoy the enchanting beauty of your surroundings with the supervision of your guide. Furthermore, with a maximum of 10 people per tour, you can be ensured a quiet tour experience free from outside distractions. The tours in Rio Secreto are organized so that no two tours happening at the same time will meet underground. After approximately 1.5 hours you will be taken back to ground level and treated to a light lunch of delicious local food. Choose the green salsa if your taste buds like it hot! This is a chance for you to relax amongst the serene jungle habitat and reflect upon your experience in the caves. After this you may wash and change before being transported back to your hotel.
IncludesRound-trip air-conditioned transportation from your hotel Wet suit, life jacket, helmet, wet shoes, lamp Guides Light lunch Towels, bathrooms, showers, hammocks Photographs Souveniers Tips
- The tour is organized for small groups of up to 10 people, for adults and children at least 4 years old.
- Participants must be able to walk without assistance and weigh less than 120 kg/250Ibs.
- The following items must be kept inside the lockers provided: hats, glasses, sandals that are not secured at the ankle, watches, jewelry, cameras, band-aids, backpacks and handbags. •You must reconfirm your tour at least 48 hours in advance
- All nature reserve programs operate in all weathers, therefore no refunds wil be given due to poor weather conditions.
- Changes in the time or date of the tour will have no cost whatsoever, subject to availability. If you wish to make a change in your reservation, personally contact the reservations center 48 hours prior to the tour date, since the tour cannot accept instructions from third parties, hotels, travel agencies or car rental agencies.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 1 Day and 22 Hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Jungle Road Adventure
All top activities inclusive package! The one and only off-road adventure tour in Cancun! Awesome spots to visit, Mayan ruins, zip lines, atv´s, swim in the Mayan jungle10 ReviewsFrom MX$3,649.28
Playa Del Carmen Full-Day ATV Adventure
Enjoy the perfect mixture of culture and adventure as you tour one of the most amazing archeological sites overlooking the Caribbean.From MX$2,297.69
Chichen Itza Full-Day Extended Tour from Cancun
Explore the great Mayan monuments of Chichen Itza on a 12-hour sightseeing tour from Cancun and Playa del Carmen. Swim in a mysterious underground sinkhole, and enjoy a p7 ReviewsFrom MX$2,085.30
Playa del Carmen: Mayan Underworld Explorer Tour
Discover the sacred underground rivers and caves of the ancient Mayans on an explorer tour from Playa del Carmen. Enter the caves in the jungle to swim and look at the ot2 ReviewsFrom MX$1,255.04
Cancun Jungle Tour Adventure with Speedboat and Snorkeling
Experience the adventure of a lifetime by driving a speedboat and snorkeling through the beautiful mangrove canals of the Nichupté Lagoon.3 ReviewsFrom MX$1,061.96
Snorkel Xtreme Tour
Join us in a full day of excitement surrounded by the exotic natural beauties of the Riviera Maya. Surprise yourself with Mexico´s biodiversity !From MX$2,490.78
Cancun Full–Day Extreme Adventure Tour
Spend a day filled with adrenaline and fun during your holidays. Combine the majesty of swimming in the waters of an authentic Mayan cenote, and course through the jungle3 ReviewsFrom MX$1,509.91
Cancun Airport Semi Private Transfer
Airport Shared Shuttle to all Major Hotels. Now you don’t have to waste your vacation time at Cancun International Airport!5 ReviewsFrom MX$424.78
Sian Ka'an Jeep Expedition
Sian Ka'an is a Natural Reserve and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, its vastness playing host to incredble plant and wildlife. Take a rugged drive through the wilderness in11 ReviewsFrom MX$3,456.19
Private Tour: Rustic Cenotes & Homún Village with Lunch
Visit the rustic cenotes (sinkholes) of Homún on this private, full-day tour. During this one-of-a-kind opportunity, you'll spend the day exploring hidden crystal watersFrom MX$2,587.32