Playa del Carmen: Tickets to Rio Secreto and Lunch
Take an unbelievable underground river tour with tickets to Playa del Carmen's Rio Secreto. Enjoy exploring this underwater network of rivers and caves, featuring labyrinths, stalactites, and stalagmites. Afterward, dine on a light lunch of local food.
Are you a business owner in Cancun?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Cancun.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Spend some time exploring the underwater world of Rio Secreto
- Travel through the network of rivers and caves
- Enjoy a light lunch of local food after your adventure
DescriptionImmerse yourself in an ancient world of stalactites and stalagmites with a visit to Rio Secret in Playa del Carmen. Roam the labyrinths of dramatic rock formations and tranquil waters in this hidden underground network of rivers and caves. Upon arriving to Rio Secreto, you will meet your guide and receive a wetsuit, wet shoes, a lamp, and a helmet to get you ready for your adventure. Then enter the caves, where you will have 1968 feet (600 meters) free for walking, swimming, and enjoying the enchanting beauty of your surroundings. After approximately 1.5 hours, you will be taken back to ground level and treated to a light lunch of delicious local food. Choose the green salsa if your taste buds like it hot! This is a chance for you to relax among the serene jungle habitat and reflect upon your experience in the caves. After this, you may wash and change before heading back to your hotel.
IncludesAdmission fee Bilingual guides Specialized equipment (wetsuit, life vest, special shoes, and hardhat with headlamp) Towel and lockers Snacks Access to bathrooms, showers, hammocks, etc. Transportation Tips Souvenirs or photographs
- This is a small group tour with a maximum of 10 participants with a knowledgeable guide
- Children under 4 are not permitted on this tour
- Guests must be able to walk without assistance and weigh less than 250 pounds (120 kilograms)
- Before the tour of the underground routes, please store the following items inside lockers: hats, glasses, sandals that are not secured at the ankle, watches, jewelry that could get tangled or fall off, cameras or video cameras, band-aids, backpacks and handbags
- For safety reasons, pregnant women are not permitted to participate in this tour
- For cruise ship passengers, it is strongly suggested that you book your tour through your cruise line. You can do this directly through their website or on board through one of their shore excursion managers. Ask for the Amazing Secret River option
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Aktun Chen: Caves, Cenote and Zip Line Expedition
The Aktun Chen Expedition brings you to the heart of the Riviera Maya jungle for a day of adventure and interaction with nature. You can zipline, snorkel and become a “From MX$1,911.53
Two-Reef Snorkeling Experience from Cancun
Enjoy a half-day snorkeling adventure from Cancun, exploring the second-longest coral barrier reef on the planet. Visit two spectacular reef sites.1 ReviewsFrom MX$1,332.28
Jungle Tour Aquaworld
The Jungle Tour is Cancun’s signature snorkel tour - no one does it better than at Aquaworld!From MX$1,351.58
From Cancún and the Riviera Maya: Xcaret Park
Experience the traditions of the Mayans in Mexico at Xcaret Park. Journey into the Mayan jungle, swim in underground rivers and see a night show at the archaeological ruiFrom MX$2,799.52
Private Bird Watching in Cancun
Not many people realize that The Riviera Maya more specifically Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve is a great spot for bird watching. Along with a knowledgeable birding guide,1 ReviewsFrom MX$8,688.75
Royal Garrafon Park Isla Mujeres Day Trip from Cancun
Snorkel among colorful reef gardens at Garrafon Park on a 8-hour tour from Cancun. Cross the Caribbean Sea to Isla Mujeres, and spend hours making use of facilities such8 ReviewsFrom MX$1,718.44
From Cancún: Day Trip to Las Coloradas and Ek Balam
See the amazing pink lakes of Las Coloradas and the Mayan ruins of Ek Balam on a day trip from Cancún. Get back to nature in the mangrove forests of the Rio Lagartos bio10 ReviewsFrom MX$2,876.94
Tulum, Cenote and Playa del Carmen Full-Day Tour from Cancun
Discover 3 jewels of the Mexican Caribbean on a full-day tour from Cancun. Visit the Mayan ruins of Tulum, swim in a natural sinkhole and end the day with a walk on the s19 ReviewsFrom MX$1,075.67
Coba Maya Ville Full-Day Tour
Discover the history and culture of the Maya civilization on this full-day tour form Cancun/Riviera Maya. Visit the archaeological site of Coba, see the Nohoch Muul pyramFrom MX$2,490.78
Playa del Carmen: Mayan Underworld Explorer Tour
Discover the sacred underground rivers and caves of the ancient Mayans on an explorer tour from Playa del Carmen. Enter the caves in the jungle to swim and look at the ot2 ReviewsFrom MX$1,255.04